Pete Caputo under the Vince Gironda Gym skylight.
A "before" photo of Pete Caputo.
Don Peters at an advanced age in 1983 sent in by Steve Speyrer.
Below is a photo of Don in his heyday.
Chris Dickerson training at Vince Gironda's Gym.
Thanks to Steve Speyrer.
The Wild Physique: Dedicated with respect, love, and frienship to my son Guy, in the certain knowledge that he will one day surpass my humble achievements, as is the order of things...
- Vince Gironda
- Vince had one son, Guy, who seems to have just disappeared. I don't think Guy had the desire and passion for bodybuilding that Vince had, but, of course, this is only my observation.
- A contributing factor to the gym closing was the severe health problems of Gironda's beloved son Guy. Caring for Guy sapped Gironda's energy, and his motivation to run his gym.
- Guy Gironda had a great sense of humor. Great wit like his dad.
- I did not last long on Vince's nutrition program. His son Guy, warned me it would not be fun. He was right. But that's just me.
- Guy Gironda handled the evening workouts for many. But Vince handled all the elite bodybuilders all the time as far as I knew.
- Vince his wife Bobbie and son Guy all became patients of mine when I went into practice and we got along just beautifully.
- Art Zeller and Gene Mozee were comparing cameras and Vince Gironda's son and mine were looking for trouble and finding it.
- I have met Guy nice person. Not like his father. I don't think he did much training. At least nothing showed.
- Vince's son had some substance abuse problems & I don't think he was ever found after Vince died.
Fooling with the wooden weights of Muscle Guru Vince Gironda.
The weights appeared in many articles, photos, courses and even The Wild Physique.
Perhaps fake weights were sometimes used for photos so less shaking / movement was involved for photo clarity? To demonstrate technique? Impress magazine readers?